Welcome to the Shaw Veterinary Centre
Family owned and run
- Free kitten and puppy checks. So we can make sure your new family member is fit and well.
- Free check ups for new patients. So we can meet each other and get to know you and your pet.
- Free Puppy Parties
- Free adolescent puppy and kitten checks by our qualified Registered Veterinary Nurses
- Free obesity and dental checks
- All puppies and kittens are invited to a free 6 month health check with one of our qualified Veterinary Nurses
- A Practice Care Plan to help you to budget for routine veterinary care.
Join our Pet Care Plan
Membership benefits include:
- Spread the costs of pet care throughout the year
- Health check and Annual vaccination
- Six month health check
- A year’s supply of flea control
- A year’s supply of worming control
- 2 Nail clips
- 10% Off Neutering, dentals, Dog & Cat food, Rabies vaccine
- 10% Off Kennel cough vaccine & waiting room sales
Cat Friendly Clinic
We understand that bringing your cat to the vet can be a difficult experience for both you and your pet. Our practice is a certified Silver member of the voluntary ISFM Cat Friendly Clinic scheme indicating that we have introduced measures to make veterinary visits less stressful for your cat. We have a separate cat area in the Waiting room and a separate Cattery to ensure cats will be less stressed whilst waiting for an appointment or surgery. We also use the pheromone Feliway in these areas to help cats cope better in stressful situations.
We strongly support the idea of pet insurance. Pet insurance mainly provides cover for veterinary fees if your pet is injured or becomes ill. This can give you peace of mind that you are in a position to afford all veterinary care that your pet may need. We offer the option to do Direct Insurance claims to reputable companies. This will greatly help your finances as you will only have to pay us the excess amount for each claim and we will claim back the rest from your insurance company direct. We offer 4 weeks free insurance from Pet plan cover to all puppies, kittens and rabbits registered with our practice (as long as they are under a year of age).
15 Minute Consults
15 minute consults at no extra charge
We would like to give you extra time to talk to us. You know your pets better than anybody. We want to do the best for your pets and the information you give us is vital.
Together as a team we will discuss the best treatment for your pet. If you feel you would like more time with us please ask for an extended consult lasting 15 minutes .
Thank you so much for looking after my boy yesterday, Sid is the staff/boxer cross with the stick lodged in the roof of his mouth. I really appreciate both the speed and level of care you offered, which helped calm mummy as well as Sid!!
Thanks again, couldn’t recommend your team enough!Mrs Howell and her dog Sid