- 10 or 15 minute consultations throughout the day.
- Evening consultations up to 7.20pm.
- A Practice Care Plan to help you to budget for routine veterinary care.
- Free Kitten and puppy checks
- Free check ups for new patients. So we can get to meet up and get to know each other.
- Free Puppy Parties
- Free adolescent puppy and kitten checks by our qualified Registred Veterinary Nurses
- Free obesity and dental checks
- A modern, well equipped operating theatre where we perform both routine and non-routine surgery
- A range of up to date Diagnostic Equipment including:a Digital X-RayProcessor, Ultrasound, ECG, Tonometer and a comprehensive IDEXX in-house Laboratory.
- Behaviour Consultations in the practice with one of our Qualified Veterinary Nurses or home visits with our Veterinary Behaviourist.
We offer consultations with our veterinary surgeons throughout most of the day.We are open from 8.15am to 7.30pm weekdays, 8.30am to 4.30pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sunday • Most are 10 minute appointments although we also offer many 15 minute appointments at no extra cost throughout the day.
• 15 minute consults at no extra charge We would like to give you extra time to talk to us. You know your pets better than anybody. We want to do the best for your pets and the information you give us is vital. Together as a team we will discuss the best treatment for your pet. If you feel you would like more time with us please ask for an extended consult lasting 15 minutes
• Home Visits are generally discouraged, both because they take members of staff away from the practice for quite long periods of time and most importantly because we have far better facilities for treating animals at the surgery. For pet owners that do not drive we can give you details of a local Pet Ambulance Service that will help you bring your pet to the surgery.However we do offer home visits in certain situations, for example for euthanasia. Please contact us for more information.
If you are bringing more than one animal, or if you are likely to need a longer consultation due to a problem being complex,or blood samples needing to be taken for example, we may book you a double appointment.
• All consultations are by appointment only. This helps to reduce waiting times and ensures that, as far as possible, everyone is seen as close as possible to the time of their appointment. There may very occasionally be times when you have to wait a little for your appointment, usually because the vet is dealing with another animal that requires emergency treatment, and we would request your patience and understanding if this happens.
• In addition to consultations with the veterinary surgeons, we also offer consultations with our Qualified Veterinary Nurses, again by appointment. These are useful for routine procedures such as claw clipping, removing sutures after operations, checking and treating for fleas, weighing animals for worming, emptying anal glands and microchipping.Our nurses also run a variety of special clinics including Weight /obesity clinics, dental checks, geriatric clinics and behaviour checks.
Drug dispensing and repeat prescriptions
We are able to dispense most medications, although we can also give you a prescription if we are unable to supply a particular drug or if you would like to obtain your medication elsewhere.
• Prescriptions are available from this practice.You may obtain prescription-only medicines, category POM-V from us OR ask for a prescription and obtain these medicines from another veterinary surgeon or pharmacy. Your veterinary surgeon may prescribe POM-Vs only for animals under their care. A prescription may not be appropriate if your animal is an in-patient or if immediate treatment is necessary. You will be informed on request of the price of any medicine that may be prescribed for your animal. The standard charge for issuing a prescription to be provided elsewhere is £9.95
• When ordering repeat prescriptions we need 24 hours’ notice to ensure we have the particular drug in stock. In most cases we like to check animals on long-term drug treatment every 3 months both to ensure there is no deterioration in the condition being treated and also to make sure the animal has not developed another condition that might affect the metabolism of the drug.
For emergencies that happen when the surgery is closed we refer our clients to the specialised Out of Hours Emergency service at Vets Now Swindon. This has several advantages:
- High class hospital facilities
- 24 hour care from vets and nurses whose sole job is to care for out of hour emergencies
- As this is also a referral centre there is a team of medical and surgical specialists to deal with complex problems if needed
- It leaves our vets fresh for the day time care of your pets
They are located at: Unit 10, Berkshire House County Park Shrivenham Road Swindon SN1 2NR
Telephone: 01793 603800
Map and contact details here: http://www.vetsnowreferrals.com/contact-us-swindon/
Thank you so much for looking after my boy yesterday, Sid is the staff/boxer cross with the stick lodged in the roof of his mouth. I really appreciate both the speed and level of care you offered, which helped calm mummy as well as Sid!!
Thanks again, couldn’t recommend your team enough!Mrs Howell and her dog Sid